Tuesday, March 1, 2011

~ Winter Wonder ~

Oh The Weather Has Been Frightful!

It seams like everytime I decided to go outside, with the kids, the weather would decide to be so cold a person should not be out there unless it was necessary. Sometimes the kids were sick, or the snow would melt. We also had a lot of freezing rain as of late.
Saturday afternoon, I decided to go out to play in the snow with Andrew. (Emily was sick..booo) Anyway, we headed out to the backyard. Originally, I was going to make a snow man or a snow sculpture of some sort. Last year I made a snow man and Tow Mater. As we began to work with the snow, I realized it wasn't going to work for a snowman. Fluffy snow had fallen on top of our good packing snow. I then had the inspiration to go and try my hand at digging a tunnel in the front snow pile.

Shovel in hand- off we go!




Might I remind you that we had a lot of freezing rain. first couple digs weren't too bad, then the ice. Half of the height of the tunnel was ice. Chip and scoop....


I did the tunnel at a bit of an angle. This snow pile was at the end of our driveway. So, I didn't want to be entering or exiting into the street! This is from our sidewalk!


There is my little cutie looking through the other end!


This is the pile/tunnel looking from the sidewalk.


Andrew emerging at the end of the driveway!


Why not "paint" the tunnel? We took a spray bottle with water and added food coloring!


Nifty Artwork!!!


Here he comes!


The Artist hard at work!


Andrew standing at one end! While Mommy is getting out at the end of the driveway!

Here we are having some fun!!!
I'm glad that we had a chance to enjoy the snow! The next day it began to melt. Now there is hardly any of our tunnel left, but it was fun while it lasted!

4 comments:

  1. Awe, how fun...I had to laugh at that last picture of Mommy...what was Daddy thinking?!?! Your eyes aren't even open all the way! =)

    I remember building tunnels in snow piles...and that's quite the pile! Andrew is so cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! Especially painting the tunnels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice... would never have thought of using food coloring to "paint" the tunnel :)

    Andrews such a cutie :)

    Hope Emmy is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a creative idea for the kids to have fun during this crazy weather, you sound like an awesome mum:)

    ReplyDelete