Tuesday, August 28, 2012

~ Second Day of School ~

Today was a little bit longer. Only because we had two meetings. Do not get me wrong meetings are necessary, but.....Wish that there was a suggestion box!!! I really DIDN'T need to sit through an introduction of EVERY teacher for EVERY grade. My teacher and my grade would have been sufficient! Oh did I mention all of the other staff as well...poor Andrew had to sit through this one with me....He got bored...I did too...LOL So, I told him to go ahead and work on some of his school work.This one alone lasted over an hour.

Suggestion #1- Have a different Assembly for each grade!!!
Suggestion #2- Make sure that all of the teachers are able to access their camera...Poor Andrew was so bummed that he didn't get to listen to his teacher. (Mind you, this is Kindergarten. Of course his teacher was to be one of the first!)


We moved along in our work quite quickly. I was very happy with our progress today.

Then came my second meeting. This one was for me for testing that Andrew has on Thursday. I sat through over another hour meeting. Only to find out in the end that there is a chance that Andrew will NOT have to take this test...WHAT???? So, my question would be: Why wouldn't you have a list of those that do not have to take the test and send that list out so that we didn't have to waste our precious time?!?


Shewwww ok..sorry for the venting there.....it really was a good day. We did Math, Language Arts, Phonics Science and Music. It went really well.

We had a surprise phone call this morning from Nana...she wasn't working today and wanted to come spend some time with Emily. It was a blessing for us all. They went for a walk and painted rocks!!!
Once Nana left, Andrew and I finished up with Science. Then, Emily joined us for music.

The music curriculum is rather corny, but I know that the kids will get a lot from it. They  had a lot of laughs as I decided to be silly with the video!!! It was a nice way to end our long day!!! Now I think that we will head outside and get some fresh air.

How is school going for your kids?

2 comments:

  1. Hope that today went a bit better for you. =)

    We're doing well...first day of school this week, tomorrow. Then we'll start again for real in September. =)

    Give the kids a hug and kiss from Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS...thanks for taking off word verification...I LOVE YOU! =)

      Delete