Wednesday, July 20, 2011

~ Junk or Treasure ~

I'm sure you have heard the saying many times, "One Man's Junk Is Another Man's Treasure!" Well, I have a few things that people considered junk, that I considered a treasure!!! As I have stated we go away for part of the summer. Basically, I have to set up a whole house all over again. This year, I went to some garage sales with my Mom. I was so excited. There were a few things that I had told her would be nice to find to make our "other house" a little easier to deal with!


A coffee maker...Yes, this is a needed item. The tune of $3.00!!!!! SCORE


I hated having to pack up ALL of my kitchen things. We go home for a few days in the middle. It isn't fun having to pack, pack and repack. So nice to have things that I can keep packed for each year! $1.00!!!! SCORE AGAIN!


Silverware. Yes, I always had to pack up the silverware drawer as well. After two weeks, pack it up to take home. Then after 5 days, pack it up to bring back!!! No more of that for me!! $2.00....OH YEAH


So, the floors here at the college are disgusting...I mean disgusting. At the end of the day, the kid's feet look like they have been playing  out on the pavement. BLACK...filthy, dirty, BLACK...(I always wear slippers!!). Last year I had a little shop vac. So, I vacuumed the floor on my hands and knees. This was sucha  blessing...DRUM ROLL....$2.00!!!! God is so GOOD!!!


KID'S TREASURES

JUNK NIGHT
Every Sunday night, the kids here at the camp are presented a pile of junk. (All has been donated by the staff memebers that come in each week to help out.) They take turns between about 9 teams going and choosing different pieces of junk. In the end, they are to build a product with the "junk" that they have accumulated. They then present their product with a commercial to a panel of judges. It is a neat experience for the kids. It helps them to see who the real leaders are, as well as, how well their group is going to work together. Maybe what one person's strength is and another's weakness is. I usually take Emily and Andrew down to watch. It is neat to see what the kids come up with. This year, Andrew and Emily ended up coming away with someone else's junk...however, it has become their treasures!!!



Little People Airport (Free from Junk night!)


School House, bus, etc (FREE from Junk night!)


The Inside of the School House


Emily Enjoying the new treasure!


Hours of fun for the kids...FREE


Andrew having fun!


Everyone getting picked up from the airport!

The neatest thing is, we have little people galore at home and I also brought a bunch with us. So, it helps to build their sets!!!!

Remember something that may be useless to you may ben something useful to someone else!!!!

I am very thankful that our Heavenly Father sees the value in us! He sees our TRUE VALUE. He doesn't just use us for a time and then dump us to the JUNK. He is continually washing us, cleaning all of the gunk out, and causes us to be even more useful!!!! We don't lose our value...It increases in His eyes...As long as we continue to allow Him to work on us, we can always improve and be of more value! He doesn't see us as Junk. He sees us as
His TREASURE!!!!

What Treasures have you found lately?


3 comments:

  1. Nice finds :) Every time I see pictures of Emmy, I can't believe how fast she is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy is looking so old!!!! Where'd the baby go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) Dare I tell?!?!? =) I did get a pile of fabric scraps and remnants at the Stockyards for $2...so that was a nice treat. =)

    Love your finds....coffee...sounds so good! =)

    ReplyDelete