Yesterday, Andrew and Daddy had the day off. I thought it would be fun to visit an old family spot. We use to go to the Chautauqua Gorge often. So, we set off with Nana, Papa, Uncle Kirk and our family. The kids found some holes to swim in. Waterfalls to splash in. Then, Uncle Kirk found a rock to break his leg on. Dad, Emily and I hiked back the other way through the Gorge to get the vehicles to pick up Kirk and the family. Meanwhile, Jeremy Piggy backed Kirk out to a dirt road. We finally got everyone and headed back to Mom and Dad's for hot dogs and simple food. ( We had backpacked all of the food into the Gorge with us. We figured we would have a nice fire and cook dinner down there!) All in all it was a nice day, it could have had a much better ending, but we are just thankful that it wasn't anything more serious. We'll have to give it a try another time.
Onto School- Andrew did another Great Job at school. Last week he had some testing, and he did OUTSTANDING!!!! We are so proud of him and thankful for the wonderful mind that God has given him.
Andrew started swimming lessons for the first time today. He graduated and has moved onto the next class!!! Emily and I enjoyed some time together and played tag and swam while Andrew had class!!! We spent two hours in the pool. I was very thankful for my dry clothes!
We have a busy week ahead, but are trusting it to be fantastic.
What do you have going on in your life??? Anything exciting or new?
Did Kirk break his leg? Wow...that's horrid.
ReplyDeleteI guess I thought both kids were taking swim lessons...but I"m glad Andrew is doing well! Have a great, shortened week!
Oh no! Poor Kirk!
ReplyDeleteThey both are... They were going to be in different classes. Good changes, now they are in the next class together at the same time!!!
ReplyDelete